The clues are in the Batman v Superman trailer, after all.
With Zack Snyder’s Batman v Superman coming soon in 2016, it will be Ben Affleck’s Batman’s first introduction to the DC cinematic universe. And like all DC films, it’s going to be really sad and dark. And when we mean sad, we mean that Batman has lost a family. We don’t know how many will die but the Internet is pretty sure that Robin is one of them.
It is rumored that Batgirl Barbara Gordon (rumored to be portrayed by Jena Malone) and Robin Jason Todd (rumored to be portrayed by Zach Leboza) will be in flashbacks so to depict events from the Killing Joke and Death in the Family. Thus, Joker (Jared Leto) will appear as well and had done this to Robin’s suit:
After KJ and DITF, comes Under the Red Hood and Jason Todd will come back from the dead and become the Red Hood. That is according to the sources from Joblo.com. Here are some things that they got which Screen Rant made it readable in bullet form:
- Red Hood is still a priority character for DC/WB.
- The storyline will involve Jason Todd (former Robin) returning from the dead and framing Batman as a crazed vigilante who’s finally snapped. Red Hood will (as in animated and comic book versions) use his assault on Gotham’s underworld to try and draw Batman and the Joker into a showdown. (Yes, Joker will be a major player in the film).
- Jason Todd will be the second Robin; Dick Grayson is the first and will allegedly be referenced as Nightwing in Batman v Superman. Nightwing won’t actually appear onscreen until this Batman solo film. (This is a big point of interest, given the rumors we’ve heard about Dick Grayson in the DCEU.)
- The Batman Solo Film will essentially be the DCEU version of Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Red Hood = Winter Soldier).
- Batman v Superman and/or Suicide Squad could have a Jason Todd / Red Hood cameo.
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer:
Sources: Screen Rant, Joblo, IMDB