Director James Gunn continues to update fans about the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel, which is still two years away!
These were the tidbits he revealed during his live Q&A:
- Hardest part of Guardians of the Galaxy was setting up and designing the characters – making the sequel that much more easier having the core characters already realized.
- “Ronan is a bad guy, we killed him. Not everything is going to happen in the movies the same as the comics.”
- Fans will get to know the Guardians in a “deeper way” in the sequel.
- Guardians of the Galaxy 2 will be in 3D (obviously).
- “We don’t do motion capture for Rocket and Groot,” in response to a question about Vin Diesel doing mocap for the sequel. They just reference images at times.
- Might have figured out a way for Karen Gillan to play Nebula in the sequel without having to shave her head.
- GOTG 1 & 2 writing process: Plots out whole story and then writes it after.
- There’s little improv on set but there’s some during rehearsals which Gunn then adds to the script.
- The script is approximately 70 pages long.
Featured Image: mcuexchange.com