San Diego Comic Con, the most leading and Hollywood-ized comic con of the world, has officially started! Even though there’s a lot of great movies coming, half of the major film studios won’t be attending.
1. Warner Bros is gonna occupy the Hall H for their Batman v Superman. There will be an ACTUAL panel with the cast and director.
2. 20th Century Fox is coming for Deadpool, X-Men: Apocalypse and Fantastic Four.
3. Lucasfilm just had their full main cast to promote Star Wars: The Force Awakens
— Danny Sullivan (@dannysullivan) July 11, 2015
4. Lionsgate wrapped up their Hunger Games: Mockingjay part 2 cast panel earlier this morning.
5. Open Road Films had Bill Murray (yes, him!) to promote Rock the Kasbah. They also have Max Steel, Spotlight and Snowden
6. The Weinstein Co. have Quentin Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight.
We already wrote about Marvel not coming but who are also not bothering to come?
1. Sony is yet to finish the pre-production of the new Spider-Man and they don’t have anything to show for Ghostbusters yet.
2. Universal Pictures not promoting Jem and The Holograms in Comic Con is questionable. And the con is brainy enough to take their Steve Jobs film but they’re withholding it.
3. Paramount Pictures won’t have the Teenage Mutant Turtles parading in Hall H which is a bit rotten. They also have a long list of huge films coming ( such as Monster Trucks, The Lost City of Z, and Ben-Hur) but most of them are still not in-production.